“Hello Joe, what do you do?” Your response, “I Build the Foundation for Collaboration and Success.”
At this point, your Brand connects individually when you demonstrate how you build this foundation: You create an environment of care and value by pushing others to go further than they thought possible.
You are extremely valuable in the industry because of your vast experience, depth/breadth of knowledge, and the ability to thin-slice this experience and knowledge for credible application. Early in our coaching relationship, our first attempt at a personal brand produced an accurate, but not very meaningful, answer to What do you do. The best answer I could get you focused on was, “I keep the lights on.”
Yes, others depend on you at this basic level, but they Trust you for so much more. You have leveraged your own personal brand, combined it with the skill of Collective Facilitation, and become focused. In light of the wisdom of your Brand, I share with others here your 7 Steps for being presently strategic about the future:
- Consider the strategic timing of needed dialogue
- Consider direction for the issue in the light of the team and associated process
- Put time and attention into how you lead others in preparing a plan for dialogue
- Invite the right people into the focused discussions as you collectively build the plan
- Lead the team to focus on solving the issue at hand
- Assign follow-up actions to responsible parties
- Learn together from tracking and reporting activities; and make change as needed
My hope is that others, like you, will believe in their ability to collectively facilitate the future, the collective story, in our work today.
Thank you for the privilege of working with you,